A GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE CORRECT HID BALLAST FOR YOUR HID KIT FROM HIDEXTRA
We've recently had a number of customers looking to clarify what our various ballast options to decide how to make the best purchase for them. So...we've decided to give you a visual representation of our ballast offering and provide you a short description each types key benefits as well as providing some insight on why you would want to compare our ballast to other providers in the market. Let's start off with why our products stands out regardless of what type of HID ballast you select from HIDExtra.
Some of the most critical things that HIDExtra Ballast go through that nearly ALL other brands do not.
1. We DO NOT, purchase from another distributor, we purchase high quality ballast parts from all over the world and have our 3rd party team assemble the hid ballast. WE control the quality of the raw materials that go into each and every one of our HID Ballast. That includes the wiring, the integrated HID Circuit board, the components ON that HID Circuit board, the grade of silicone used to encapsulate the circuit board (yes the grade of the silicone and how much is used MATTERS), and even the materials of each of the ballast casing used. We do NOT buy off the shelf products in China and simply re brand and sell them. Most vendors here in the US get fed whatever they tell them in Asia and have no idea if they got bait and switched in the HID Kit raw materials and assembly QA process. (This happens far more than you guys may know) What does that mean for our kits? Whatever series hid ballast you buy, you know you are getting the same quality and consistency over and over and you can rest assured that EACH and EVERY component within that HID Ballast has been accounted for.
2. We use the SAME Six Sigma Quality Assurance process that is used and created by large entities like GE and Toyota to ensure that each HID bulb and HID Ballast are assembled and tested to meet the requirements that we have set out for it. In simply terms, we test our products in 3 phases. Phase 1, we test the sample HID Bulb and Ballast materials we buy to ensure they meet the appropriate grade quality, phase 2, we test after the assembly process to ensure that that each HID product has been assembled using the correct methody, phase 3, we test each batch at the end of production to ensure that are fully functional before shipping out. I can assure you that most other vendors do some or none of the listed 3 phases of testing for HID Kits.
3. We provide world class customer service. For those of you that have bought through Zappos shoes, you know exactly the level of service you can expect. We have set our customer service as the gold standard not just for the HID Kit world, but the entire e-commerce world. We take extreme pride in developing our reputation and brand through our customer service.
Now...on to the good stuff. Let's talk about each HID Ballast Series in our HIDExtra line of ballast.
This hid ballast is our tried and true 35w std HID Kit. It comes with all the quality and testing procedures above, and uses components that allow for a great plug and play experience. It is truly the workhorse of the HID world. Those looking for a reliable HID solution with a strong value. This is your choice.
Our stealth series HID ballast essentially carry the same performance specifications as our Signature Series ballast but are encapsulated in a lower profile size. To get to this size, higher tolerance components had to be used in the HID integrated chip to ensure proper functionality under higher operating temperature. This HID ballast is the perfect option for those customers that have a tight engine bay and not a lot of room to mount a ballast, or alternately motorcycle applcations, and of course those that simply like it's more sleek design.
With more power..comes more output! The 55w series is a higher grade component ballast that puts our 55watts as opposed to 35watts of power, allowing the amount of light output (referred to as Lumens) to increase by 25-30%. If you are looking for a higher end component ballast while also wanting more light output, the power series offers both.
This is our top of the line HID Ballast, it for those users looking for the highest quality, most worry free, best light output HID kit on the market. It includes the following features.
Canbus HID built in- built in capacitors for those more complex newer model car applications that require a capacitor for a smooth and easy plug and play installation experience. Don't confuse HIDExtra Volt Canbus Kits (ballasts) with others in the market. Many vendors promote the "canbus" capacitor built in but don't offer the many other high end componentry that we include in our HID kits.
- Volt Canbus Kits are the HIGHEST grade components in the market. They are equivalent the OEM grade HID ballasts used in Mercedes.
- ASIC Grade 7 Digital circuit board with IECQ-CECC surface mound capacitors that cover 9-16V and 9-32V volt applications
- OEM grade HID ballast equivalent componentry that has a lifespan of 10 years+
- A Better 35W! What does that mean? Not all watts are created equal. HIDExtra's Volt Series Canbus ballast's well designed, high end component ballast offer nearly 2x the light output (lumens) as standard 35w HID and nearly equivalent of a 55w HID ballast without the additional heat inducing wear and tear.
Please see out ballast selection on our main website www.hidextra.com. (click on any kit to see the ballast options)
If you have any additional questions about our ballast, please feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on facebook www.facebook.com/hidextra